Sunday, August 13, 2006

 
Friday night was a lot of fun. We played some drinking games in Will and Pablo's room and then the six of us went down to bar street. I was sober enough to remember and did take some pictures. We hung out at a couple of different bars and had some drinks. We played the dice game a little more and I was excited because I could now understand it and play well. We were going to sit inside one of the clubs but it was crazy loud pumping Chinese techno beats so we opted for the calmer outside sitting. We ran into some of the other people from our class and luckily it was the ones we like and not the smelling or annoying ones so that was nice. We had a lot of fun and got pretty drunk so it was all in all a good night. Saturday was a lazy day. I ended up sleeping until 2pm and missed going to lunch with everyone because I ignored my phone. Then I woke up and everyone went to take a nap so I watched some of my James Bond movies and played a computer game. For dinner we took a bus over to the "night market" and got some pizza at place near by. The pizza was actually pretty good but they don't really use pizza sauce so it was kind of weird. The night market was pretty lame. We all thought it would be more like the underground market but it was very small and all it was was a bunch of really cheap cheap crap. The only good thing about the experience was that we got beer bottle openers for 1 kuai each so we no longer have to use our teeth and ledges. Sunday I woke up and went to go get some of my drying laundry from off the balcony and realized that I could see mountains from my balcony. I didn't know those were there?! I decided that it was a really clear day out and we had to take the cable car up the mountain so I made the E.D. (executive decision) for the day and said we were going. Chi ended up not coming because she is pretty sick and Will decided not to go for some other reason. Holy shit did they miss out. The view was amazing! Just insane views of the ocean and the city and everything. At the top there was also some guy with a giant snake that we got to put around us and take pictures (of course it cost money though and we kind of got ripped off). That was pretty cool. It kept moving for all of us and we were freaking out and then Pablo put it on and the damn thing didn't move a muscle. We were pissed. We hiked around the top a little bit (or I should say I made everyone) and that was nice. It was really hot out though so we all got kind of gross. The best part though was on the way down! You got to ride this cart on a track and we were watching people do it and it looked pretty lame but we thought what the hell. Apparently because we wanted to go on all four of us at the same time we had to go in pairs in these carts and then they put an Asian guy in the front cart to control the ride. I guess he thought, wow, look at these big Americans, I bet we can go pretty fast. WE FLEW DOWN THE HILL. Everyone we watched went creeping down but because we had so much weight on the carts he wouldn't let us put on the breaks the whole time?! We definitely came off the tracks a couple times and I thought we were going to tip over, or fly off and die on the side of some mountain in China. Looking back it was crazy fun and crazy worth it but pretty fucking scary. As Pablo put it, it was one of those things were if something were to happen, you would just have to hope you completely died because you would be so fucked up afterwards and would have to go to Chinese hospitals that it would probably be better to just end it in a flash. Tonight we are going to go to dinner at a Thai restaurant. I'm a little nervous because I am pretty big wuss when it comes to spicy food but we will see how things go. OH. I almost forgot. At lunch we ate some "beef" dish and Michele didn't understand what the waitress was saying when she was describing the type of meat, only that it was some kind of beef. We definitely decided that it was intestines. It didn't taste too bad but had a gross texture. I was pretty happy though because I've been wanting to try new things and no one else ever would so I'm glad we got tricked into it. Ok, its time to go to dinner. I will talk to you all soon.

Comments:
I am happy you are not dead.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?