Thursday, August 10, 2006

 
It is Thursday night, tomorrow I have to peer teach a lesson in Spanish. All 20 students give 15 minute lessons all day tomorrow in foreign languages and we are supposed to be attentive students all day. FUCK THAT! Pablo and I decided that we are going to try and going early on, buy a bottle of vodka at lunch and then pour it into water bottles and drink all afternoon! How clever is that. I bet though we will be much more attentive listeners and participate more after the booze. The point is that I stayed up late working on pictures for my lesson, drank a redbull and now I can't fall asleep. Because of that you are going to get some comments on Chinese plumbing. First of all, toilets and plumbing systems are not built to handle the flushing of toilet paper. That means every 6 sheets of paper you use, you have to flush. Its crazy. Who in the hell designs a toilet and plumbing for it that can not handle toilet paper. As Pheobe likes to point out "THAT'S ITS JOB?!" I however can not complain to much because I am lucky enough to have a western style toilet in my bathroom. The vast majority of toilets are the "Squatty Potty" type of toilet where it is literally a hole in the ground with two places to put your feet on each side as you squat and do your business. Pablo and Will have a squatty potty and I told them I intend to never have to shit in one the whole time I'm in China. That pissed them off because that's all the ever shit in! I really have problems comprehending the physics/body mechanics of making that work. Not to mention that in public restrooms the floors are completely covered in piss and are often quite slippery. Pablo and Will said they might try to sneak laxatives in my drink someday and I told them that if they did they will die. I will try to take a picture of a squatty potty tomorrow to post but until then, appreciate modern plumbing.

Comments:
I definitely had to pee into a squatty potty when I was at this hipster club in Beijing. The best part about this particular squatty potty was that the bathroom stall doors didn't go anywhere close to the floor...they might as well not have had doors at all! Hello world, I'm peeing!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?