Thursday, September 07, 2006

 
So I officially made it to Shanghai. The train ride was actually really cool. Our “top of the line soft sleeper was more like a closet and definitely not intended for people with baggage so we got really close” during the train ride. We tried to take a lot of video with our cameras to explain the situation so I will have to try and post that somehow, but either way it ended up being a lot of fun. The scenery was the absolute best just at sunset and I got some amazing pictures of the sun setting over lakes with mountains in the background that were along the train tracks. We got to Shanghai, have a hotel for two nights and still don'’t have an apartment. We have to wake up and have training for teaching tomorrow starting at 8:30 am and then tour apartments in the afternoon and evening. Supposedly we start teaching on Monday. The big story though is that tonight was the “staff party” for the company. Our boss rented out a bar where it was all you could drink from 7 to 11. Of course he rents out the sketchy prostitute bar he took us to the night we came up to Shanghai to interview. We go there and started drinking and it took a while to have enough of a buzz to be social but it happened eventually. After awhile I go to get another drink and low and behold, one of our co-worker girls comes up to me and starts talking to me at the bar. Mind you, earlier will and Pablo were “calling” girls and Will called this girl earlier and then proceeded to fall on his face tripping over something on his way to the bathroom and then took back his previous claim. Anyway, myself and this girl (who'’s name I do not know because she is somewhat of a soft talker and is originally from Columbia and has a little bit of an accent) talk for quite awhile at the bar. We make “plans” of her showing me local restaurants and making a deal to go to Tibet sometime and then go play darts with Pablo (worst dart game of my life). Short end to a long story, she was cool, I planted the seed and then let it breathe. Sad thing is that as the night went on, the atmosphere turned from work party to more and more "“working girls" being there. I couldn't take it. It is the most depressing thing in the word having a very attractive girl come up to you, say all the right things, seem very interested, be a hell of a flirt in her non-native language and the whole goddamn time you know that she is working you for cash. Ridiculous. I couldn'’t take it. I had to leave. Luckily Phoebe wanted to go so we left. We got back and got some amazing street vendor food for very cheap, rolled back to the hotel and ate it all. Now I'm sitting here writing this "post"” (because I don'’t have any internet) purely because I need to share my experiences.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?