Sunday, December 03, 2006

 
I had some interesting adventures this weekend. On Friday night I went go karting with a bunch of people from work. It was a ton of fun. The place was kind of crazy though. First of all the karts go really fast, way faster than any go karts I've ever been on, so that was really cool. It was crazy though because half of the place was the go kart track and the other half of the place was a bar. You could drink as much as you want and basically just set your beer down while you hop in the kart and zoom around in a death machine for eight minutes, and then come back and finish it before go karting again. And of course no waiver to sign. It was also inside and poorly ventilated (if at all) so you were just breathing in the gasoline and exhaust fumes. All in all a lot of fun. Saturday night I went out to the bars with a bunch of people from work and one of the girls really wanted to hear hip hop music. We went to a hip hop club someone had heard of and low and behold this time I found myself in the middle of not only a dj spinning battle but also a DANCE OFF! You know all those crazy Asian breakdancers you see videos of online? Well, it was a bunch of them right there in front of me! It was awesome to watch and the dancing was amazing. It was really funny too because the guy who was the MC was talking in both Chinese and English and some how he had down all the English hip hop slang with a perfect accent and sounded like he was from downtown Chicago or something. It really is funny how much American culture is worshipped here. Oh, a funny story from my classes. I was playing hangman with a class of fourth graders and it had to be medical/disease/hospital words and even though I usually let the kids come up with the words I decided that I had a good one; bird flu. The kids finally got it and said, "Teacher, teacher! What is bird flu?" So I don't know if they don't know what it is because the communist government isn't telling their people that the street chickens every in this country are about to cause a worldwide flu pandemic or if they just are too young, but either way I thought it was funny that they had no idea and that's all you hear about back home is China and the bird flu. That's all I have for now. I should probably go and do some more studying for the LSAT or my Chinese class....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?